BFA/Scholarship Video Audition Guidelines:
- The maximum length for your video is three minutes.
- At the beginning of the video, say your name, grade, and talk briefly about yourself, your interests, and goals. This can take up to 30 seconds.
- The remaining time can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you can perform two or three different styles of dance. Or use the whole time performing in only one style. Any combination of styles is acceptable.
- Audio: All genres or styles of music are acceptable. All types of audio, silence, or spoken word are acceptable.
- Location: You can shoot your video in any location. It does not have to be a dance studio. The choreographers know that you may have limited choices, so find a location that works for you and shine!
- Clothing: There are no restrictions on what you wear. Ask yourself what you want the choreographers to see. If you feel it’s important for choreographers to see your lines, then tights and leotards would be a good choice. If you feel a shirt tied around your waist will accentuate the hip hop moves you’ll perform, and that is what you want the choreographer to see, than feel free to tie a shirt around your waist.
- You can wear more than one costume in your video. For example, you can wear pointe shoes and a tutu for one section, jeans and a t-shirt for another section, a dress for a third, etc…
- Hair: There are no restrictions on how you wear your hair.