- The Department awards over 25 different scholarships each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for Graduate Students
- Application instructions for the 2019-20 academic year will be posted when available. All applications must be completed by February 1 for priority consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning graduate students are eligible to apply for travel awards such as the Andrew and Lilly Tsubaki Award and the George Sundstrom Travel Award. They are also eligible for the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Students should complete the optional awards section of the application in order to apply for any of these awards. All applications must be completed by February 1 for priority consideration.
- Returning graduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award, Ethel Hinds Burch Awards, Glenn Bickle Award, Joseph R. Roach Dissertation Research Award and the Marilyn Hunt Scharine Costume Design Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty of the Department. No application is necessary.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Katherine Pryor, Director of Theatre.