- The Department awards over 25 different scholarships in Theatre each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for returning Undergraduate Students
- Returning undergraduate students should complete the Theatre Scholarship & Award Application through KU AcademicWorks. If you have not used the platform before, here is a helpful Guide to using AcademicWorks (PDF). By completing this application you will be considered for all Departmental scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements. There are specific questions that allow you to apply for optional awards and the Loren Kennedy Trainee program. See details below. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Students should complete the optional questions of the application in order to apply.
- Returning undergraduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award, Glenn Bickle Award and Marilyn Hunt Scharine Costume Design Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty of the Department. No application is necessary.
Loren Kennedy Traineeship
- Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Loren Kennedy Traineeship. Students should complete the Loren Kennedy section of the application in order to apply for a traineeship position.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.
Please contact Katherine Pryor, Director of Theatre.