Video Audition Guidelines
- Introduce yourself, and talk briefly about yourself, your interests and goals.
- Perform three center combinations:
- Adagio (< 2 minutes) should contain developpé and sustained extensions in all directions, grand rond de jambe, and promenade. The adagio may also include pirouettes and pirouettes in open positions (arabesque/attitude turns).
- Petit allegro (< 1 minute) should contain simple allegro steps such as assemblé, jeté, sissonne, batterie along with connecting movements such as glissade, chassé, and pas de bourreé. It may also contain pirouettes.
- Grand allegro (< 1 minute) should explore larger leaps (grand jeté, saut de chat, grand assemble, etc.), movement through space, and turning jumps (saut de basque, jeté entrelacé, tour en l’air (for men), etc. It may also contain traveling turns.
- All exercises should demonstrate the auditioner’s knowledge of classical ballet line including basic positions (croisé devant, ecarté devant, arabesque), turnout, extensions, musicality, ability to balance, control of plié and transfer of weight. He/she should also be able to perform pirouettes and allegro work with clarity and elan.
- Perform a 2 minute center combination that demonstrates different uses of the torso, level changes, change of weight, alignment, coordination, the ability to move through space, and musicality.
- The combination should include movements executed with a variety of dynamics, leaps and turns.
- Perform a 2 minute movement combination that includes isolations, inside and outside turns, leaps and changes of levels.
- You should also be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively use the torso, pelvis and perform complex rhythmic patterns.
- Present a 2-3 minute performance in the style of your choice.