Jayhawk Performance Lab
Jayhawk Performance Lab (JPL) is a performance series featuring work created and produced by students. JPL is a “multi-modal-performance” event, meaning any mode or genre of performance is accepted.
JPL is part of the 2021-22 Theatre & Dance Season. Performance dates are April 1-3, 2022 in the Sherbon Theatre, Robinson Center. Faculty mentors are Darci Fulcher and James Moreno.
Applications are being accepted for both Producers and Creators. Fill out the online form below to apply:
For more information, email James Moreno, email@example.com
The JPL will incorporate a “festival-mode” style of production, meaning that we will embrace a bare-bones and low-tech approach to production, preparing students for their transition into the professional world.
Production duties include:
- Develop a theme, concept, or set of values for the show
- Create and sit on a curation panel
- Create a Call for Proposals
- Facilitate rehearsal scheduling and studio access
- Manage Personnel:
- Ushers, Door People
- Stage Manager
- Light Board Operator
- Sound Person
- Facilitate the distribution of the show’s video-recording to students
- Attend a post-show assessment meeting