New and Returning Dance Students
- The Department awards several scholarships in Dance to both B.F.A. & B.A. students each spring for the following academic year.
Scholarships available for new & returning Dance Students
- Application instructions for the 2019-20 academic year will be posted when available. An audition is required for scholarship consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Each year KU Dance grants the Elizabeth Sherbon Award to a sophomore or junior of exceptional talent. This award ranges from $500 up to $1000.
- Returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply for travel awards. Students should complete the optional awards section of the application in order to apply for any of these awards. All applications must be completed by February 1 for priority consideration.
Loren Kennedy Traineeship
- Dance students are eligible to apply for the Loren Kennedy Traineeship. Students should complete the Loren Kennedy section of the application in order to apply for a traineeship position.
Please contact Dawn Hawkins, Administrative Associate.