Graduate Student Handbook (pdf) (Revised May 2020)
Appendicies to the Handbook
- (A) Doctoral Scholarship Rubric (pdf)
- (B) Dissertation Evaluation Rubric (pdf)
- (C) MFA Assessment Rubric (pdf)
- (D) MA Checklist Effective Fall 2020 (pdf)
- (E) MA Thesis Form (pdf)
- (F) MFA Checklist Effective Fall 2020 (pdf)
- (G) MFA Thesis Form (pdf)
- (H) PhD Checklist Effective Fall 2020 (pdf)
- (I) PhD Comprehensive Exam Info (pdf)
- (J) PhD Dissertation Defense Form (pdf)
- (K) MFA Plan of Study Timeline (pdf)
- (L) PhD Plan of Study Timeline (pdf)
- (M) Annual Self-Evaluation (pdf)
- (N) Internal Master's to PhD (pdf)
PhD Dissertations and MA Theses
KU Libraries houses all dissertations and theses written for the department, including written MFA Theses, in an online database.
Theatre Graduate Students Organization (expired)
- Doctoral Student Research Fund
The Doctoral Student Research Fund is designed to support KU doctoral students on the Lawrence Campus who need assistance to carry out research that advances progress toward the degree. A doctoral student is eligible to apply for up to two awards during their graduate program, one before doctoral candidacy (up to $1500) and one as a candidate (up to $2000).
- KU and External Funding
School of the Arts (SOTA)
- Student Travel Fund
The University of Kansas School of the Arts provides travel funds to support the professional development of its students and to increase the visibility of its academic programs. (Annual eligibility)
- Arts Research Project Grants
The Arts Research Project Grants provide support for original, independent creative and scholarly research by students in the School of the Arts.
Department of Theatre & Dance
- Theatre Graduate Student Travel Fund
Theatre Graduate students are invited to apply for funds to support travel for conference attendance and for research. Conference attendance and research are integral components of your professionalization as graduate students preparing to enter the profession as Assistant Professors.
- Departmental Scholarships and Awards
The Department of Theatre awards over 25 different scholarships each spring for the following academic year. Applications must be completed by March 1.
The Hall Center for the Humanities
- The Hall Center for the Humanities offers a variety of graduate funding opportunities.
The American Society for Theatre Research
- The American Society for Theatre Research sponsors or coordinates several awards, grants, fellowships, and prizes to support and recognize outstanding scholarship in theatre and performance studies.
Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- ATHE Student Fellowship
ATHE provides fellowships for current ATHE graduate student members to attend the Conference. More information to come in Spring 2019!
- ATHE Awards
The ATHE Awards Committee is responsible for coordinating nine prestigious awards that recognize excellence in educational and professional theatre.
United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT)
- USITT Awards