Conditions of Use - Theatre & Dance Performance Spaces
If the facility is approved for your use, you agree to abide by the following regulations:
- All events must comply with KU non-smoking policy.
- There will be no food in any production area, in the house, or in the inner lobby of the Crafton-Preyer Theatre. Bottled or lidded drinks are allowed in the house.
- A member of the University Theatre technical staff or designate must be present during all times you occupy the facility.
- All scenery, special effects, and properties must be approved by the Technical Director.
- All rigging must be directly supervised by the Theatre & Dance staff member in charge.
- The Technical Director or Stage Manager will determine the number and length of time crew members will be needed.
- The application will be reviewed by the department's administrative and technical staff. A final decision will be made by the Chair of the department after consulting with the reviewers.
- If the request is approved, notice will be sent to the sponsoring organization and copies will be made for staff members. If the organization is not a University agency, the Managing Director will write an agreement to be signed by both parties. Non-University organizations must provide proof of insurance with the signed agreement. If the sponsor is an organization within the University, a letter will be sent to confirm the reservation which will identify the financial responsibility of that organization.