Students perform in a scene from "La bohème."

Theatre & Voice B.F.A.

The School of Music partners with the Department of Theatre & Dance to offer a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Theatre/Voice (audition required). This degree is primarily designed for vocal performance majors (opera, classical singing) who want some acting training however.

There are, however, courses offered in the Department of Theatre & Dance designed specifically to teach the singing and acting techniques needed for musical theatre as part of the Theatre Performance B.A./B.G.S. degrees. Visit Musical Theatre for more information.

Why Study Theatre at the University of Kansas?