The Department of Theatre & Dance has offices, classrooms, and performance spaces in Murphy Hall and Robinson Center.
Built in 1957, Murphy Hall is named for Chancellor Franklin Murphy (1951-60). It houses the academic/chair's office, production office, box office, classrooms/rehearsal studios, costume and scenic laboratories, the Crafton-Preyer Theatre, and the William Inge Memorial Theatre.
The original Robinson Gymnasium was constructed in 1907 on the current site of Wescoe Hall and based on plans by James Naismith. The current building was constructed in 1966 with an addition completed in 1980. Robinson Center contains the dance office and three large, well equipped dance studios. One of the studios converts into the Elizabeth Sherbon Theatre.
The facilities of KU Theatre are available for limited windows of time for rental by campus and outside organizations. Visit Facility Use/Rental for more information.