Rental Charges - Theatre & Dance Performance Spaces
KU and other organizations wishing to use the theatres or performance spaces of the Department of Theatre & Dance may use this information to estimate the total cost of their rental.
- Crafton-Preyer Theatre - KU:$400/day, Non-KU:$1000/day
- William Inge Memorial Theatre - KU:$100/day, Non-KU:$300/day
- Elizabeth Sherbon Theatre - KU:$100/day, Non-KU:$300/day
- Dressing Rooms/Green Room - KU:$25/day, Non-KU:$75/day
- Utility Charge - KU:none, Non-KU:$25/day
Facility Charges are by full day only.
- Less than 20 instruments (front-of-curtain) - $15/hour
- 20-49 instruments (half-stage) - $30/hour
- 50+ instruments (full stage) - $60/hour
- Follow spots - $30 each/day
Lighting charges are assessed any time the lighting control board is powered.
- 1-2 Handheld Microphones - $25/day
- 3-6 Handheld Microphones - $10/day
- Wireless Microphones - $10 each/day
- Preprinted tickets - $0.50/ticket
- Piano - $100/event
- Music stands & lights - $25/event
Miscellaneous expenses such as rigging materials, tape, paint, color gels for lighting instruments, and any other labor or material expenses incurred by the Department of Theatre & Dance will be billed after the close of the event. An itemized bill will be provided.
- Stage Manager - $20/hour
- Audiences Services Manager - $20/hour
- House Manager - $15/hour
- Crew members - $12/hour
All events must employ a Stage Manager and Audience Services Manager to insure safety, protect equipment and assist with emergencies. The Managing Director may determine that the front of house position can be downgraded to a House Manager depending on the size and complexity of the event. The user may also be required to provide ushers depending on the event. The user may provide crew members in certain areas but all crew personnel must be approved by the Technical Director or Stage Manager.