Financial Aid - Returning Theatre Undergraduates
- The Department awards over 25 different scholarships in Theatre each spring for the following academic year.
- Returning undergraduate students should complete the Theatre Scholarship Application through KU AcademicWorks. By completing this application you will be considered for all Departmental scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements. All applications must be completed by March 1 for consideration.
- Need-based scholarships: To be considered for a scholarship with a financial need component, students must complete the annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so financial need can be determined. International students usually must complete KU's International Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) instead of the FAFSA. Links, timelines, and additional information is available from the KU Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Returning undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Gerhard Zuther Memorial Award for Dramatic Scriptwriting. Visit the award page for more information and to access the application.
- Returning undergraduate students are also eligible for the Brian Ten Eyck Davis Award, Glenn Bickle Award and Marilyn Hunt Scharine Costume Design Award. These awards are presented by nomination and vote of the faculty & staff of the Department. No application is necessary.
Loren Kennedy Ambassadors
Returning theatre students are eligible to apply for the Loren Kennedy Program. Application information can be found on the program page.
All scholarships and awards will be presented at the annual student recognition ceremony held at the end of the spring semester.